Tuesday, November 15, 2011

to my Landon & Layla

Roller coaster mornings,
roller coaster nights.
Waking in the darkness,
to make sure you're alright...

Little hearts beating,
Little breaths breathing...
Remembering when
I breathed
with you,
for you....

Stroking baby princess hair,
smelling sweet & new...
Darling little angel face,
can't believe you're you...

Tiptoeing into little prince's kingdom,
careful not to disturb his dream..
Of playing the play,
and living the day of life...
In the sweetness of who he is...
And who he'll become,
and what he'll make of me...

And as they breathe...
I breathe with them.

And as they live,
angels among us,
I live with them.

And as they laugh...
My soul is soothed..
I laugh with them...

And when they cry...
My heart is heavy...
I cry with them.

And as they grow...
Part of me looks toward
the future...I glow.
And a part of me yearns
for the past...I mourn.

Yet, we move on together...
And as they sleep...
Night after night...

I look over them...
I pray for them...
I love them...

I thank God for them...
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Shannon Snodgrass said...

I have never known a love greater than the love a mother has for her child (children). This has been the greatest thing I've ever done in my life. Cherish every moment with your babies. Dane and you are so blessed.... xoxo

Anonymous said...

tears. So sweet! You are a very lucky mommy. I hope to be as blessed as you are some day!