Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy 2 Weeks!

Oh September 28th, I NEVER thought I'd see you!
Today was my due date, and our little Ms turned 2 weeks old yesterday!
Crazy how fast time goes by!

Monday Layla had her 2 week check up & Dane got caught up in court so I had to take both kids by myself. I was incredibly nervous, it was my first time going anywhere alone with Landon and Layla. But I survived!! It was not near as scary as I thought it would be!
Layla weighed in at 8lbs 1.5oz and was 19 1/2 inches long!
Growing like a weed!!

We have been pretty much cooped up in the house for the most part since Layla was born. She still isn't on a set feeding schedule, seems like some days she eats every 4 hours, and other days she eats every hour. I've been nervous to leave the house in case we are in the middle of something and I don't have anywhere to nurse her. Then I think about Adrien & her nursing at Grant's Farm and remember anything is possible! lol

Landon is still doing great with Layla. or as he calls her "Lala". He hasn't been listening lately, but I'm pretty sure it was just as bad before Layla was born! He still loves holding her, for about 20 seconds, loves giving her kisses and is very protective of her. He doesn't let anyone hold her
without them knowing he is watching them. it's cute! :)
ps. I don't think my kids look anything alike!! lol

The past 2 weeks have gone a lot better than expected.
I'm not as nervous to get out of the house anymore and plan on taking advantage of the last few nice days we have coming up this week.
With 2 amazing babies, I have nothing in the world to complain about!! <3
Here is our Creative Bent sneek peek!
Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!! Hopefully SOON!!!!! :)



4 comments:

Adrien said...

Oh my goodness, you begin to learn all of the nooks and crannies of every place you can find when you nurse in public! I've always had luck hiding in booths. :) And as long as a Babies 'R Us is somewhere in the vicinity I always felt alright, because I knew we could go over and use their baby room.

I think your kids look a lot alike! Both completely adorable. :D You're doing a fabulous job! And yeah...Evie is going through a phase at the moment, too. I think it's the age!

Lara said...

I was always nervous about the feeding thing at first and I hadn't given much thought about that yet and now I'm a little freaked out.
I think Landon and Layla's baby pics look lots alike. You think she will get as blonde as him? They are both so cute!
Glad your first outing alone went well! You're a great Mommy:)

Shannon said...

I'm soooo happy for you!! Your babies are so adorable!! :)

FYI... we ventured out with daddy to Target and Victoria had hunger melt down in the store. She too is all over the place with a nursing (non)schedule. We"re working on it ;) so needless to say, I had to nurse her in the truck in the Home Depot parking lot while daddy went in to get some project supplies!

I hope all is well, xoxo

Heather said...

Sounds like you're doing all right to me! I'd be nervous leaving the house with one baby...I'd downright become a hermit with two.