Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I'm Baaaaaack!

Hey girl hey! 
We have a lot of catching up to do!
Let's just start with there is NO WAY I could travel for a living. 
I got back to STL on Friday night and I still feel exhausted. I can't seem to get caught up on my sleep!!
I spent all last week in San Antone (you know, because that's what the locals call it..)
I HAD A BLAST!!
A lot of standing around at the conference in shoes that I should not have even packed. But I got a few good leads and I've been busy at work the past few days putting it all together.

Lets rewind a bit.
Day 1
Tuesday morning I was up bright and early to head to the airport. Obviously too early for L&L. They tried to be troopers and hang out before I left, but it was just too much!
love

We arrived at the airport only to get there and find out plane has been delayed by about 5 hours. Luckily we were able to catch another flight but had to route to Chicago. 
I was a little excited. I've never been to Chicago before. Even though I would mainly only see the airport, MAYBE be able to go somewhere to lunch outside of the airport.
i am not a fan of the snow. i was glad to be leaving this!

We were late to leave, which meant we were late to arrive. 
So you know what happened next.. Bill turns to me and asks if I'm ready to run. I laughed, thinking he was kidding.
wrong. He took off running! Here is am trailing behind him in heels, running as fast as I can through the airport.
We BARELY made it!!!
I was in Chicago for 11 minutes. Wow!
The flight wasn't bad. I had a few cocktails to calm my nerves!

We arrived early evening just in time to see our booth and join in on the happy hour. (perfect!)
Bill (my boss) and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at some fancy Italian restaurant then went to a club for a few drinks and shots.
I introduced my boss to my favorite shot, a Vegas bomb. he approved.
Have I mentioned how awesome my boss is?? I think I have. But in case you forgot, He is AWESOME!!!!

Wednesday. Day 2
Booth Duty. 
Little did we know, we could get padding under our carpet. 
Lesson learned for every convention from here on out.
absolutely love this dress. it's 20% off right now. getchu one! ;)
These are my favorite heels. I wear them ALL THE TIME. By the end of the day- I wanted to burn them.
I ended up opting for these.
Cowboy boot slippers. 
Only in Texas.
I headed out of the convention with a hour to spare. I jumped in a cab and found the closest shoe store. 
Payless 2 miles away. Score!
I bought a pair of wedges and a pair of tall boots. BOGO, have to get two!
And I put on the wedges and decided I would walk back. WRONG DECISION.
I got half way back and my feet were bleeding. Literally.
Why I had the genius idea to walk back in shoes that are not broken in.
I put back on the cowboy boot slippers and walked the rest of the way.
Still got hit on. Boom! ha!

Later that night was our Shell party. We headed to Howl at the Moon. 
(hands down, my favorite bars are piano bars!!!!)
skirt and top from maruices
Bought these little sleazy leopard fishnet tights for $.86 at Payless and rocked them. Felt like a hooker all night, and i liked it!
This is B! :)

Thursday- Day 3
Booth Duty again 
(got smart this day and wore flat boots)
Dress from KiKi La'Rue

and 30 people asking me if I made it back to my hotel ok. 

My response? Yep, did I see you last night? 
Sorry for partying!
After a long day at the convention and get several great leads I was glad it was over!

I met up with my new friend Angie from Destin FL and we had a GREAT TIME!!!!
God Bless Texas!

Friday- Day 4
Early meeting and traveling most of the day. 
The convention was so much fun! I met a ton of people I talk to on a weekly basis, and met a few people that I can call friends!

But let me tell you. I MISSED MY BABIES.  I couldn't get home quick enough. 
Whew! Glad I don't have to do it very often!
Came home to my favorite home cooked meal (good hubby)
and  I can't tell you how excited I was to come home to this
bahahaha oh Landon! Yes, yes that is a maxim magazine. 
He brought it to me a few weeks ago and said "Mommy, will you read this to me."
Ummmm no buddy, I think this is one daddy has to read to you! lol


lay is a momma's girl. she was up my butt for 3 days straight. i missed you too baby girl!!! xoxoxoxo

Saturday morning we headed to Creative Bent for our mini Valentine's Day session, 
spent the afternoon at Chuck E Cheese
then spent a majority of the evening with one of my favorite couples EVERRRRRRRRR.
Our kiddos played together so good and Landon has asked for his friends to come over every day since!

Sunday I had another work convention then came home and hung out with my bff and her littles!
Exhausting weekend, and work has been crazy ever since!
I will try not to get so behind on blogging! (keyword: try)

Tonight is margaritas with my bff. thats right. NO KIDS.
girl time.
ahhhhhh.

Happy Hump Day!!!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

i wana work with you part time. just do the conventions. please bill, please!!

oh yeah and i wana borrow ALL your clothes. please and thank you.

love you. see you tonight xoxo

keepingupwithkristen said...

You look super cute in all of these pictures...I love that KLR dress!!

So sweet how much your babies missed you. I kinda sorta missed you around the blog world too, ya know. Don't disappear again, sista.

I'm coming to meet you and Cassie for margaritas. I'm hopping on my plane now!! See you soon. xo

The Pink Growl said...

LOVE your new sunnies - very Eric Church looking!

Adrien said...

I wanna go to Chuck E. Cheeeese!! :D I'm glad you had a great trip and made it home safely to your babies!

Shannon Snodgrass said...

Love ALL your dresses! CAAAAUTE!!!

Can't wait to see your Valentine's pics. Our session is this Sunday and I'm super excited. We're going to Sketchbook Photography. They're more in our neck of the woods. Fingers crossed they're good! Anna is so awesome so idk??!!??

Landon's potty pic is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not annoymous....I'm Terri, lol! Just don't blog (yet) I love that I got a shout out on your blog. Yay :) Don't go missing either, this is what I look forward to reading everyday at work!!!

And yay for Luke and Landon reunion, they were meant to be BFF's so we need to make sure that happens!! Let me know when you're ready for our sleep over!! Our bags are already packed!!

Love you to pieces!!

Anonymous said...

We have similar conventions that my work goes to. I have never been because I'm terrified of flying and I don't think they are going to pay to have me rent a car AND gas to wherever the convention is. Oh well!!

That picture of Landon on the toilet is too funny!

Anonymous said...

And BTW, look and Landon's face in that picture....cracks me up!!!