Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Landon!!!!!

Dear Landon,
Another year has come and gone and I just can’t believe how much you have grown! (I have a feeling I will be saying this every year!) You continue to change and grow every day, so much that when I look back at pictures of the day you were born, it’s hard to believe that you were ever really that small but I truly feel like I have known you my entire life. It is hard to remember my days before you, nor would I ever want to! You have been the best thing that has happened to your mommy & daddy!
Just in this past year you have mastered walking and now RUNNING! You definitely keep mommy on her toes! You love to jump off furniture (mommy is still thanking daddy for teaching you that!) You have gone from a baby who says a word here and there and half of them didn’t make sense, to mastering sentences! You surprise me with new words and sentences every single day!!! You have most of your colors down, and you can count to 10 (when you aren’t being a stinker and saying five and nine over and over again!) You are so smart, talented and FUNNY!!!!!
In just a few short months, you are going to be experiencing a lot of changes around our house. And I want you to know that although at first you may not like it, I promise you will grow to love your new baby sister, Layla. You will learn to love her and protect her—and maybe even share your toys with her! (Wishful thinking!!!) But most importantly, I want you to know that you are my first love. Because of you, I learned to love an entire new way, a love I didn’t know even existed!!!
I know I must have done something right in life, for God to have given me you! You’re the most perfect thing in my life. And I love you more and more everyday!!! Please know that you can always count on me, I will forever stand by your side. NO MATTER WHAT!!

And please remember one thing.... no matter how big you get, you are NEVER too big for mommy's arms!!!!!!

I love you bigger than the world!!!!!!

with all my heart,
Mommy

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Too sweet! Happy Birthday, Landon!!!

Katie said...

at my desk crying. That was soo sweet!! Happy 2nd Birthday Landon!

Shannon Snodgrass said...

...crying my eyes out!!! You are such a GREAT mommy and to share those words that come straight from your heart, sooo sweet!!! Happy 2nd Birthday Landon :)

Kim Luke said...

trust me, i'm a mess today too!! turning 2 is a lot harder than turning 1! lol at least 1 is still a baby!! :((

Adrien said...

Happy Birthday, Landon!! :)

Heather said...

Awww...so cute! Happy Birthday Landon!

Melissa Cheek said...

You have me balling like a big ole' baby. Not sure if it's the hormones or complete lack of sleep but...I am pretty sure it is just the complete heartfelt message to Landon. I cannot wait to have Amelia and experience motherhood !

Erin said...

Happy birthday Landon!

Kim Luke said...

thank you everyone!! We had a perfect day!!!!!! :)