Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 27

A picture of yourself and a family member


I have never blogged about this person so I figured with 3 days left of this challenge, I guess its one of my last chances...



This would be me and my daddy on our father/daughter dance at my wedding. Growing up my dad and I were never close, my parents divorced when I was about 4 years old, and we tried the every other weekend thing but I am such a mommas girl that around the age of 10 I decided I no longer wanted to go to his house. And I hardly ever saw him after that. It was about up until I got married we had no relationship at all. It was hard to just fall back into place and be like "Oh hey Dad!" I mean, I hardly knew this man! But the last 3-4 years have been great. We are so much alike, its unreal. He is a truck driver who is gone on the road 90% of the time, but when he is home he invites all the kids and grand kids over for dinner and let me tell you, this man can cook!!!!!! One of the best cooks I've ever met! EVER!!!! I am very thankful for another chance at getting to know my dad.. We may never have that lovey dovey daughter/daddy relationship.. but I am perfectly OK with that. He is there for me when I need him, and that's all that matters!!


No comments: